My darling, delightful grandson, Foss, was born on Jan. 21, 2017, the day of the imposter president’s Inauguration. Nothing curtailed our family’s happiness. But it was too bad that horrible historical anomaly overlapped with our glorious family occasion.
This Saturday, Sept. 28, my son and daughter-in-law will welcome their baby daughter. We hope the imposter president is finally on his way out.
Yes, I’m pretty excited about meeting my new granddaughter!
Lurking in the background will be the possibility of accountability — finally — for this lying, crooked, mean-spirited, racist, very sick individual, and incompetent Mafia family now mistakenly sitting in the White House.
I’ve been supporting his impeachment for months, regardless of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s hesitation and newspaper opinion pieces stating it would be a bad idea. It could make him more popular prior to the election if more Independents and Republicans feel sorry for him. I don’t think this will happen.
Here are some reasons why Impeachment is the way to go:
- I’m aware that the Republican-dominated U.S. Senate includes a bunch of sycophants incapable of doing the right thing. Support for the president can switch at lightning speed once polls put him in jeopardy of re-election. Republican senators will do anything to retain their cushy jobs, possibly even convict him no matter what they’re saying now.
- Pelosi and friends had to do something to uphold the Constitution. The majority of Americans who disdain politics, who are more interested in making a living may listen to the nightly news, take impeachment testimony more to heart, and understand how little this president understands his role. He is in not charge of the equal two other branches of government. He is not above the law!
- Some Democrats and pundits are concerned that Impeachment could make trump more popular before the election. “Oh the poor victim,” but there is so much damning evidence against him in this Ukraine debacle.
- Convict him of “high crimes and misdemeanors” such as obstruction of justice, threaten a foreign power to conspire in our presidential election, which already happened in 2016. If he’s thrown out he’s open to criminal indictment. Lock him up!
- One Impeachment outcome could be to make more Democrats question Biden’s possible nomination. Would be ok with me. I’m a staunch Elizabeth Warren fan.
- What about Pence? OK, I’m an optimist, but following the Impeachment testimony damning his boss, how can he not be implicated? Perhaps trump will blame the whole Ukraine mess on his vice president, who knows?
Enough is enough.
Cleansing my system prepares me to fly to Minneapolis tomorrow, focusing on the beauty of life and love!
Congrats on the new grandbaby! Loved the pics. I’m with you 100% on the impeachment thing and have thought for a while we needed to do it for the reasons you list. One truly appalling thing for me to contemplate is that Trump made that phone call to Zelinsky the day after Mueller testified before Congress — testimony during which Mueller plainly stated that if Trump wasn’t President he would be indicted for his behavior. So what does Trump do THE NEXT DAY — he solicits help from a foreign power to help win the next election. Clearly, he didn’t learn anything from the 2 year Mueller investigation will continue this kind of behavior unless stopped. In addition, apparently he’s corrupted his entire staff. They all need to go.
Thanks Gwen! What a suggestive timeline for the imposter president. He’s clueless, really. Plus he really does think being president is like running a business [into the ground], that he can do anything. Has he ever read the Constitution?
So happy for you and the lucky grandkids that get to have you as their Granny. These are dark times and I think all of us with children and grandchildren feel the responsibility to do something to turn this ship. I too have supported impeachment and am crossing my fingers that this is finally the time. Enjoy Minneapolis, beautiful in the Fall. Enjoy the beauty of your familia!
Thank you Kate! It has been a miraculous weekend, how reminded I am of what’s really important in life — love and beauty and kindness.
Congrats to you all! The sacred joy of new life, together with Foss…truly, the future, and these precious grandkids keep us grounded and focused.
Thanks Phyl! It’s been a miraculous weekend being with Shay right after her birth.